CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 18

JetLite? Right? Hello...

Call-centers have a way to annoy me. When they are not inspiring tepid best-selling "literary masterpieces of modern Indian writing" with such hideously ugly blue covers that I had aneurysm; they mess with your everyday life.

I wanted to book a flight from Kolkata to Mumbai. I don't have a credit-card, so I wanted the address of any booking-centers so I could go get the booking done. This is what the JetLite website had to say -

FAQ 18. How to book a seat without a credit-card?

~ To book a seat without a credit card, you can buy the tickets at any of our ticketing/sales offices or through Jetlite appointed travel agents by paying cash. You could also block reservations at our call-center 1800-22-3020 or 30302020 and purchase the ticket from any of our Airport Offices within the time limit as set while making reservations on phone.

Sweet. So I call the number. I am greeted by a pre-recorded message.

Pre-Recorded Message: Welcome to JetLite, where you can get a flight [or some such inane rhyming thing... I kid you not]. If you want... ... reservations press 2... ... for other assistance stay on the line.

Me: Er, eh. Press 2.

PRM: Our Cosmos Frequent Flier Programme... ... Welcome to JetLite... Our Cosmos Frequent Flier Programme... [loop]

Me: I'll try again. [quick dialing...] Stay on the line.

PRM: Our Cosmos Frequent Flier Programme... ... Welcome to JetLite... Our Cosmos Frequent Flier Programme...

Me: Arghh! [Quick dial again] Press-2

PRM: Our Cosmos Frequent Flier Programme... ... Welcome to JetLite... Our Cosmos Frequent Flier Programme...

Me: [5 minutes 21 seconds according to phone-timer]... let's see who's blinks first.

JetLite: Hello you have reached JetLite

Me: Who was I with for so long?

JL: uh? Can I help you?

Me: Flight to Mumbai... Block the ticket, I don't have a credit-card.

JL: Can't do that Sir

Me: What shit? Your website says...

JL: Doesn't matter Sir. We cannot help you!

And that was that. I didn't know whether to bang my head on the phone or to go down to the Airport and punch the man at the counter. In the end I settled the matter by wolfing down a packet of chocolate-biscuits. Ah... pure magic, indeed.

All in a day's work I guess.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. nice. that's why they call it "back-end" jobs. they kick the back-ends of customers.

SPIRITed! said...

"When they are not inspiring tepid best-selling "literary masterpieces of modern Indian writing" with such hideously ugly blue covers that I had aneurysm; they mess with your everyday life."

*points at the computer screen and emits raucous laughter*

Venting Macha said...

@stanley:
totally man :)

@spirited:
I use it as a coaster for my desk :D