CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12

Untitled

Two years ago, I remember writing a similar post before I left for my MBA. Having bummed around for two years I have managed to get the three most haloed letters in the desired choronological order on my CV, and in the process managed to get myself a job in what I am told is the leading media conglomerate in the country.

Hmm.

Last two weeks have been spent house-hunting in Mumbai, then jet-setting to Delhi and now wasting away silently on a borrowed desk in a forgotten corner. Work hasn't found me in the office, it's only a matter of time before it does and then innundates my life with its humdrum of presentations and meetings and awkward lunch hours. Before it does that, here are a few foot-notes I have gathered over the afore-mentioned two weeks.

Little nuggets of wisdom, snippets of life and a giant vacuole of a lonely space...

# Don't look for work. If it doesn't seek you out, then it's probably not important enough.

# All American Diner at the India Habitat Centre is cool place for a meal.

# Actor-Factor Theatre Company is over-rated. A good poster, robust hoarding and intellectual sounding brief can get people to pay Rs 300 for a show. Caution advised.

# You sometimes find friends in people you've let your eyes slip through for years.

# Mail Today is the most 'intelligently crafted' and cosmopolitan newspaper/tabloid I have seen in India.

# India TV aired a song called "Dhoni और Goni" to celebrate the phonetic similarity in the names of the Chennai IPL team-mates.

# The Great Khali says wrestling is not fixed. Liar.

# This is becoming a media analysis. Ugh!

# You know you've been labelled a adult when PAN number, tax returns, investment plans and insurance are not abstract concepts which your dad keeps himself busy with, and you have to figure them out.

# Sometimes talking to someone you miss can be an absolutely frustrating & draining exercise.

# Indifference hurts more than sarcasm.

Sometimes letting yourself drift with the flow can be a painfully exhausting and sapping endeavor, and the effort to dig your feet in and drop the anchor seems beyond your capacity. Sometimes I guess, it's just fair to leave random thoughts buzzing through your head, in bullet-points without sentences or paragraphs stiching some sense out of them.

It might even be considered therapeutic. Or well, maybe not... Hmm.

5 comments:

S said...

p,"All American Diner at the India Habitat Centre is cool place for a meal"
- Yes!! :D

"You sometimes find friends in people you've let your eyes slip through for years"
- Again, very good point!

"Indifference hurts more than sarcasm"
-Right on.

I have something you can think about. "If I meet clarity, I'll be home for the first time"

SPIRITed! said...

"You know you've been labelled a adult when PAN number, tax returns, investment plans and insurance are not abstract concepts which your dad keeps himself busy with, and you have to figure them out."

How true.I yawn through my Economics classes when all these terms are mentioned.I bet you did the same thing :P

Venting Macha said...

@swetha:
that's a witty one :)

@spirited:
I did yawn and if I can pass on any piece of sagely advice... figure them out man, they screw you later!

Mr. Banerjee said...

"Indifference hurts more than sarcasm"
Sarcasm is a turn-on.

And Khali. Such a shitfest. I really can't believe my eyes when i see the hindi (and few english) news channels praising him for hours along with bhoot bunglows, tantriks and churel "news" stories. what's wrong with journalism in india?

i remember when these channels started ops, they were doing a really good job. how far they have fallen.

Venting Macha said...

@stanley:
says something about the media commerce now, doesnt it? :D