CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20

Being jobless

A few days ago I was being jobless as usual, when Frodo buzzed me on gtalk. He was getting bored and was telling me that he too was... jobless. I instantly replied that he couldn't be more jobless than me. He obviously felt offended and before I knew it he challenged me to a showdown.

Frodo: I bet I am more jobless than you right now.

Venting-Macha: Haha, dream on!

Frodo: Alright you asked for it. Tell me what you are doing right now.

VM: Ok, since you asked... you know how wikipedia has a "featured article of the day" section?

Frodo: Ya.

VM: Well, today's featured article was "Neptune". Now the strange thing is I felt that I have seen "Neptune" as the featured article sometime ago. Could Wikipedia have repeated an article? Wow. So I have been searching through the archives of the last four years, going day by day, in search of the date when the said article had been previously posted.

Frodo: How long have you been doing this?

VM: For a few hours.

Frodo: Well, sorry to break your heart but that's not being jobless. You are investigating.

VM: Fuck you. What have you got?

Frodo: Ever used Google Chrome?

VM: Ya.

Frodo: You know how when you open a blank tab, your favourite pages are shown on it. Well, I like them in a particular order and since it depends on the number of times you visit that page...

VM: Fuck you that's not being jobless either!

Frodo: Huh?

VM: You are customising!

PS: After having searched through half of the archives, it occured to me that I might have seen "Neptune" in the feature picture of the day section. So, I promptly started searching through the archives of that section too.
At the time of posting this, I have looked as far back as June, 2006. An ice-cream on offer to anybody who can finish the entire archive search and tell for sure whether "Neptune" had been previously posted or not.


PS #2: And you think you were jobless?

8 comments:

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

I can't believe I'm so jobless I actually read this :|

Dude, you have given new meaning to the term 'vellagiri'.

*bows obsequiously*

S said...

*white flag*

I don't think I'd ever consider myself jobless again.

Venting Macha said...

@Chuck:
Coming from you, I take that as a compliment!

@S:
Hehe!

Gomes said...

Its a good thing that you didn't compete with me. I would win hands down. Hows this for you?

I watched the first episode of Gossip Girl - Season 2, found that I couldnt understand their cool lingo, cried abt it for a while and then switched channels to watch Big Brother.

Beat that!

Venting Macha said...

Hah, kids stuff I watched MTV Roadies and then was depressed for 2 hours about how they are "rakhi sawant-ising" the show in their quest for ratings.

I searched another hour through Roadies online forums [orkut & facebook] and finally the MTV site, and SENT them a mail about the same.

Hah!

Shubzi said...

hahah really jobless!!
btw what does venting macha mean? I googled it and it said "female version of macho"!!!

Venting Macha said...

@aarushi:
Haha, wow you googled it. Hahah! Let me assure you I had no such hidden gender-identity issues behind picking the name!

Macha in colloquial college lingo would mean "boy". It's used in the South.

A close friend suggested the "venting macha", iam still wondering if she knew macha means "lesbian dyke". Would be one hell of a gag! :D

prat said...

i was so jobless i found videos of kamal sadanah in speedos. beat tht?